Although August is over for another 11 months, it seems from where I stand in the mountains of southwest Virginia that there are plenty of dog days left before autumn falls upon us!
|Kim Headlee at her booth at the first annual Art at the Crossroads street fair, |
Wytheville, VA, 8/27/2016. Photo c2016 by Jen Otey.
Thank you to everyone who bought copies of my books or just stopped to chat at my booth the other day! This event proved to be a valuable dress rehearsal for my participation in Olde Salem Days on September 10, and I'm grateful to everyone who helped make the inaugural Art at the Crossroads day a memorable one.
I also extend heartfelt thanks to everyone who visited me at the Wythe County Public Library and BW Country Store earlier in August, as well as to all my new followers and newsletter subscribers who participated in my recent Rafflecopter and Amazon giveaways.
Before I describe more of this month's upcoming personal appearances, I have some exciting book news to report:
- King Arthur's Sister in Washington's Court has won its second award, the Summer 2016 Pinnacle Best Fantasy Book. Earlier in August, it was graced with a "solidly entertaining" nod from that monarch of all review sources, Publishers Weekly.
- Special announcement for BookBub subscribers in the Fantasy genre: King Arthur's Sister in Washington's Court will be on sale for $0.99 (and equivalent amounts in the UK, Canada, Australia, and India) and featured by BookBub on Sunday, September 18!
- Kings, my sword-and-sorcery novella cowritten with Patricia Duffy Novak, is now available in paperback. I'll be using it at my personal appearances as a reward for signing up for my newsletter, The Dawnflier.
- The Business of Writing nonfiction book and Raging Sea: Enemies and Allies (The Dragon's Dove Chronicles book 3, part 2) are in the hands of my primary editors and should be available for purchase by the end of the month.
- Raging Sea: Reckonings is now permafree for Kindle, Nook, iTunes, and Kobo customers! What are you waiting for? :D
- Sunday, September 4: BW Country Store, Big Walker Lookout, Wytheville, VA, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Saturday, September 10: Olde Salem Days, "Virginia's Foremost Arts & Crafts Festival," 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. My booth will be located at 208 West Main Street, Salem, VA.
- Saturday, October 8: Indie Author Day at the Wythe County Public Library. Times and participation details TBA.
Stay cool and hydrated!
— Follow Kim on Twitter
— Follow Kim on Pinterest
— Subscribe to Kim's YouTube channel
— Leave a comment on any page of The Maze, especially if you have done the Twitter, Pinterest, and/or YouTube follow<
… and each action this month is good for one chance to win a copy of any of Kim's e-books.
Please enter often, and good luck!