|Visit with author Kim Headlee at Wolf Creek Indian Village & Museum 6/4/16.|
The Business of Writing takes a week off in deference to The Dawnflier, and there's a lot to howl about this month!
BREAKING NEWS (and a request for crossed fingers :) — King Arthur's Sister in Washington's Court, which in April won the 2016 IBPA Benjamin Franklin Gold Medal for Science Fiction & Fantasy, has cleared two hurdles toward getting a Publishers Weekly review! For those who don't know, Publishers Weekly is THE trade magazine of the publication industry, and they review just a fraction of every book they receive, especially in regard to independently published titles. Even though KASIWC is now in the hands of their review staff, there's still a chance it won't get reviewed; hence the request for crossed fingers, thanks!
MORE BREAKING NEWS and finger-crossing requests — On the heels of KASIWC's stellar showing in the Benjamin Franklin awards, I have submitted the book to several more contests, including the contest for independently published books sponsored by Writers Digest. Those finalists won't be announced till October, so if you need to use your fingers for something else until then, I totally understand. :D
EVEN MORE BREAKING NEWS — No worries; your fingers are safe for this one. I am pleased to announce the release of Episode 1 (Dilemmas & Deliberation) of my graphic novel edition of The Challenge. Get your Kindle copy today!
Subscribers to the MailChimp edition of The Dawnflier have received first crack at my latest Amazon giveaway. I run one every month, so please SIGN UP today (and claim your subscriber gift!) if you don't want to miss out; thanks!
- Saturday, June 4, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Family Day at Wolf Creek Indian Village, Bastian, VA.
- Wednesday, June 22, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Artist in Residence at Chautauqua Festival, Community Center grounds, Wytheville, VA.
- Thursday, June 23, 10 a.m. – noon. Featured Member at Black Horse Artisan Guild, 115 East Main St, Wytheville, VA.
- Friday, June 24, noon – 8:00 p.m. Chautauqua Bazaar, inside the Community Center, Wytheville, VA.
- Saturday, June 25, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Chautauqua Bazaar, inside the Community Center, Wytheville, VA.
Have a safe and pleasant transition from spring to summer!
— Follow Kim on Twitter
— Follow Kim on Pinterest
— Subscribe to Kim's YouTube channel
— Leave a comment on any page of The Maze, especially if you have done the Twitter, Pinterest, and/or YouTube follow<
… and each action this month is good for one chance to win a copy of any of Kim's e-books.
Please enter often, and good luck!