|Farpoint 23: "Baltimore Fandom's Family Reunion" |
February 12-14, 2016, Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, Timonium, MD.
The Business of Writing workshop is going back on the road, this time to Farpoint, affectionately known as Baltimore Fandom's Family Reunion.
And that's no exaggeration: there's an intimate, so-glad-to-see-you-again-my-friend ambiance to this con that cannot be duplicated at the larger fan cons and comic-cons.
My Business of Writing workshop presentation is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 13. All my panels and appearances:
Friday, Feb. 12
- 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. (except where noted below) Manning my table in the Dealers Room—which is open to the public at this con. My fantastic husband has volunteered to hold down my little fort this weekend whenever I'm occupied elsewhere. <3
- 4:00 p.m. Writing the Other (creating characters different from you in terms of gender, culture, sexuality, etc.), with Rigel Ailur, Jennifer Povey, and Jay Smith
- 7:00 p.m. Publishing on a Budget: Spending Your Money Wisely, with Danielle Ackley-McPhail, T.J. Perkins, and Richard C. White
Saturday, Feb. 13
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (except where noted below) My table in the Dealers Room (open to the public)
- 5:00 p.m. Dramatic reading from King Arthur's Sister in Washington's Court. I plan to donate my final ARC copy to Farpoint's charity auction.
- 6:00 p.m. The Business of Writing Workshop
- 7:00 p.m. Enter the Hobbit (creating realistic sword fighting scenes in your novel), with Mike McPhail, and Richard C. White
- 9:00 p.m. Building an Audience (social media marketing techniques), with Danielle Ackley-McPhail, Jay Smith, and Michael Ventrella
Sunday, Feb. 14
- 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (except where noted below) My table in the Dealers Room (open to the public)
- 1:00 p.m. A Charlie Brown Farpoint: Celebrating 65 years of Charles Schulz and the Peanuts Gang, with Allyn Gibson and Howard Weinstein
I hope to reunite with you this weekend! :)
— Follow Kim on Twitter
— Follow Kim on Pinterest
— Subscribe to Kim's YouTube channel
— Leave a comment on any page of The Maze, especially if you have done the Twitter, Pinterest, and/or YouTube follow
... and each action this month is good for one chance to win a copy of any of Kim's e-books. Please enter often, and good luck!