No, I haven't gone to the dogs... yet!
(Though I do enjoy visiting with our Great Pyrenees "goat guards" in & around the barn every day. :)
The highlight of this month's news is my upcoming appearance to sign & sell my books
June 6, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at
|Wolf Creek Indian Village & Museum|
Since I had never visited this attraction, I made arrangements to see it the day I wrote this post, and I had a lovely chat with some of the staff & volunteers. I will be one of several vendors setting up for their annual Family Day event, which will include performances of Native American singing and dancing, and skill demonstrations such as salt making and primitive food preparation. I look forward to seeing you there!
About Wolf Creek Indian Village: "Based on the Brown-Johnston site from 1970, Wolf Creek Indian Village is a reconstructed Native American Village. The original site carbon dated somewhere between 1480-1520. Using the archaeology map, we have pole for pole and feature for feature recreated the village as to what we believe it may have looked like."
Other upcoming book events and personal appearances include:
- I will be launching a new weekly feature on The Maze, spotlighting advice for independent authors based on personal experience. "The Business of Writing" will serve as the genesis of a workshop I will be presenting at a convention in October.
- "The Color of Vengeance" blog tour & giveaway, June 24-26. This is a FREE short story excerpted from Morning's Journey and available via Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, and Smashwords. It is also available as a free audiobook download with a subscription to Audible.com. Download your copy today! Also, the blog tour still has openings, and its signup form is here.
- Review tour for Snow in July, Mondays only in July. This tour is still open, and you may sign up for it by leaving a comment on this blog page; thanks!
- Signing, selling, and performing a dramatic reading (in costume if it's not too hot!) from one of my books at the Patchwork Quilters' Jamboree, July 17-18, Bluefield, VA.
- Signing & selling my books at WyVaCon, all day and half the night of Saturday, July 25th.
***All this month, you are invited to...
— Add Kim as a favorite author on Amazon.com
— Follow Kim on Twitter
— Add Kim to Google+
— Subscribe to Kim's YouTube channel
— Leave a comment on any page of The Maze, especially if you have done the Amazon, Twitter, and/or YouTube follow
...and each action this month is good for one chance to win an e-book copy of Morning's Journey. Please enter often, and good luck!